Public Relations & Media Specialist
£34 to £37k starting salary per annum plus benefits package
Oxford (37.5 hours per week)
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying, email your CV and covering email outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, including current and required salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Previous applicants need not apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a PR & Media Expert to build our brand awareness and facilitate media engagement for the Zacharias Trust and our Christian Apologetics Training Centre. Your key aims in this role will be to develop and implement effective external communication and media relations programmes, whilst providing support and training to our speaking team to increase secular media engagement.
We are a UK registered Christian charity with international reach and a friendly, welcoming culture and a warm working atmosphere. Our organisational vision is to help the thinker believe and the believer to think.
Key skills and attributes needed for role success:
- Of graduate caliber, with experience working in a mainstream Public Relations or Media environment. You will have a broad contextual awareness of the UK media landscape in order to effectively engage and build our audiences utilising stories which have an apologetic angle.
- A natural networker and relationship builder and who is able to quickly establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with a diverse range of external contacts and stakeholders, as part of a team and on a one-to-one basis. Experience of training and supporting individuals in media interaction would be highly desirable.
- A strong verbal and written communicator with experience of using social media to engage audiences through video, written and photographic content.
- Recognised organisational skills to ensure that and goals are appropriately met, including the ability to set effective priorities, planning and organising work to meet deadlines and manage diverse responsibilities with resilience under pressure.
- Able to make sound decisions with confidence in a rapid paced environment and the flexibility to be able to respond to work outside normal working hours where necessary.
In return we offer a pleasant working environment, a friendly and open team atmosphere, generous pension scheme, death in service scheme and a range of other work benefits.
In return we offer a pleasant working environment, a friendly and open team atmosphere, generous pension scheme and a range of other work benefits.
Please note: As a result of our Christian ethos, this post is covered by an Occupational Requirement (OR) under the Equality Act 2010. The successful applicant will be expected to be a practising Christian and to clearly demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission, principles, values and practices of the Trust. Applicants will also be expected to provide proof of their right to live and work in the UK as part of the selection process.
Applicants will also be expected to provide existing proof of their right to live and work in the UK as part of the selection process.