Producer and Editor (Digital Content and Reporting) RZIM Global Media
Starting Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Oxford (full-time 37.5 hours per week – some flexibility negotiable for the right candidate)
The closing date for this role is midnight on Tuesday 26 February 2019
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying, email your CV and covering email outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, including current and required salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Previous applicants need not apply.
We are looking for a creative and talented producer with extensive film experience and an eye and skill for great story telling, who is interested in becoming part of a thriving growing Christian Apologetics Ministry. You will have the ability to translate ideas into compelling visual sequences, be technically competent in writing editorials, shooting and editing. You will also be an expert in managing a media team, including remote crews/individuals coupled with the ability to run a busy production schedule.
Based out of our Oxford offices you would be joining an international charity with a diverse reach, a welcoming and inclusive culture and a warm working atmosphere. Our organisational vision is to help the thinker believe and the believer to think.
The ideal canddiate would be able to demonstrate that they are able to achieve the following:
- Create visually engaging videos, showcasing the impact of the ministry through story telling and communicating apologetic content that reflects our vision and values. This includes:
– conceiving and producing timely, monthly Global updates and short reports
– creating /producing / scripting outward-facing apologetics shorts highlighting our speakers
- Oversee capture and production of key events (events/missions/open forums)
- Create/ produce a variety of digital media to update donors
- Creative input onlive-streams, live directing and mixing, or shooting
- Commission filmingof RZIM events, animations, freelancers, editors
- Running a regional production schedule
- Running multiple edits
- Planning and producing podcasts
- Creating new media to promote books, ministry initiatives
- Assist in building a database of trusted freelancers
The experience, skills and competencies that we are looking for are:
Ideally experienced across:
- Mainstream Media
- Multi-platformdigital media and content producer
- Produced short films and scheduled shoots
- Self-shooter and editor
- Journalistic experience
- Radio production (desirable, not essential)
- Leadership of production teams including budgets
- Liaisingwith freelance crews
Skills and competencies:
- Strong creative producer
- Talent and passion for storytelling – translating ideas into compelling visual sequences
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong people and project management skills
- Journalistic ability
- Strong work ethic
- Integrity and honesty
- Joy and enthusiasm
- Calm under pressure
- Flexible and creative
- Works well in a team
Role will require availability to travel and provide some flexibility for flexible working hours and location.
In return we offer a pleasant working environment, a friendly and open team atmosphere, generous pension scheme, death in service scheme and a range of other work benefits.
In return we offer a pleasant working environment, a friendly and open team atmosphere, generous pension scheme and a range of other work benefits.
Please note: As a result of our Christian ethos, this post is covered by an Occupational Requirement (OR) under the Equality Act 2010. The successful applicant will be expected to be a practising Christian and to clearly demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission, principles, values and practices of the Trust. Applicants will also be expected to provide proof of their right to live and work in the UK as part of the selection process.
Applicants will also be expected to provide existing proof of their right to live and work in the UK as part of the selection process.