We have an exciting opportunity for a professional and friendly Office Administrator and Receptionist to join our UK-based front of house team. The role is to provide a key role in as the first point of contact for office visitors and incoming enquiries for the RZIM Zacharias Trust office within the UK.
The Zacharias Trust is a UK-registered Christian charity with a friendly, welcoming culture and a warm working atmosphere. Our organisational vision and mission is to provide thoughtful answers to difficult questions.
As a successful applicant, you will provide all front of house tasks and activities, act as first point of contact for visitors, telephone and email enquirers, liaise with external service providers and provide administrative support to our wider Team. You will also have the opportunity to become a member of a stimulating Christian community, where you will take an active part in the prayer life of the team. Your main responsibilities would include:
- Acting as first point of contact for all visitors, responsibility for receptionist services and duties including handling incoming telephone calls and general email enquiries, dealing with deliveries and ensuring the reception area is kept to a high standard.
- Assisting the team with tasks such as updating telephone lines, issuing entry passes and providing support during financial month end periods.
- Day-to-day support with the maintenance and up-keep of the office buildings including utilities, service and maintenance contracts.
- Effective operation of general office administration, including handling post, assisting with the management of Petty Cash, Foreign Currency, organising books for events, maintaining and updating book stock information.
- Taking on new and ‘one-off’ tasks, including the activities of the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics (OCCA) and events.
- General Administrative support for the wider team as and when requested.
To be successful in this role you will have ‘A’ level standard or equivalent education together coupled with post education experience, ideally within an office administrative and customer service environment. You are likely to display a flexible attitude and will be willing to used your well-developed time management skills to prioritise a varied workload and deal with conflicting demands on your time.
To thrive, you will be a natural interpersonal communicator who is proficient in written and verbal mediums, and confident dealing with broad range/level of individuals. You will need to maintain a high standard of accuracy, attention to detail, and maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality at all times. Computer literacy using Microsoft Office Suite is essential and experience of using Microsoft Outlook is highly desirable.
You will be a team player, but will also have the ability to work autonomously too.