Salary: £18,000-22,000 per annum plus benefits (experience dependent)
Oxford (37.5 hours per week)
We have an exciting opportunity for a competent finance assistant, working closely with Operations Manager and other Finance Team members to assist with financial processing for the Trust. This will include processing invoices, expense claims and credit card statements, accounting system data entry, assisting with regular and ad-hoc financial reporting.
If you want to play an important role within a stimulating Christian community in finance administration, this could be the right opportunity for you.
Key skills and attributes needed for success in the role are:
- Ideally at least a years’ experience of an office environment. (Preferably in a financial role where familiarity with accounting systems and knowledge of financial recording and reporting processes where developed would be an advantage).
- Experience and confidence in using computer systems, with an ability to use Excel to at least an intermediate level to manipulate and present data, including use of complex formulas and add-ons.
- A graduate with a strong numerical ability or an equivalent standard of higher education, preferably with a Finance focus.
- Good interpersonal skills, ideally with experience of dealing with individuals at a range of levels within an organisation, coupled with experience of working as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
In return we offer a pleasant working environment, a friendly and open team atmosphere, generous pension scheme and a range of other work benefits.
Please note: as a result of our Christian ethos, this post is covered by a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) under the Equality Act 2010. The successful applicant will be expected to be a practising Christian and to clearly demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission, principles, values and practices of the Trust.
Applicants will also be expected to provide existing proof of their right to live and work in the UK as part of the selection process.
Further detail for the Finance Assistant Job Description and role requirements can be found here
For enquiries regarding the vacancy or applications process please call the HR Coordinator on 01865 302900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying, email your CV, together with a covering email outlining your suitability and motivation for the role to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 5th June 2016