EMEA & UK Regional Finance Director
Competitive plus benefits (incl 13.5% contributory pension)
Oxford (37.5 hours per week)
The closing date for this role is midnight on Tuesday 5 March 2019
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying, email your CV and covering email outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, including current and required salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Previous applicants need not apply.
Do you have a passion for finances and leadership? Are you interested in becoming part of a thriving, growing Christian Ministry? If so, we have an exciting new role for an experienced, competent senior finance professional. Your key aims in this role will be to inform and influence organisational strategy through the presentation of insightful financial and ministry information across the Region, overseeing the budgeting process, and training staff in budget monitoring and development.
We are an Oxford based international charity with welcoming and inclusive culture and a warm working atmosphere. Our organisational aim is to engage with people’s heartfelt questions about the Christian faith and explain the hope that the Gospel brings. Put simply our vision is to help the thinker believe and the believer to think.
Key attributes required for role success are:
- Offers commercial insight and strategic direction through analysis and presentation of financial and ministry information, will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the Trust’s mission and strategy.
- Proven ability to develop effective relationships, earning trust amongst the Senior Managers throughout the Region and with US Headquarters finance team to ensure effective use of information systems, data security and legal compliance and able to lead a small accounts team and an outsourced IT function.
- Equipped to steer the budget and forecasting process, empowering and fostering buy-in from key regional stakeholders, establishing the financial rhythm of the Trust across annual budgeting, monthly management reporting and quarterly financial board reviews.
- Able to demonstrate creative thinking, embracing innovative approaches to reporting accounting and missional information, implementing process improvements to ensure a streamlined financial process, identifying and arranging training in financial reporting and budgeting as necessary.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with a professional ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualification, with significant experience in a financial management role with an organisational context of corresponding scale and complexity.
In return we offer a pleasant working environment, a friendly and open team atmosphere, generous pension scheme, death in service scheme and a range of other work benefits.
In return we offer a pleasant working environment, a friendly and open team atmosphere, generous pension scheme and a range of other work benefits.
Please note: As a result of our Christian ethos, this post is covered by an Occupational Requirement (OR) under the Equality Act 2010. The successful applicant will be expected to be a practising Christian and to clearly demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission, principles, values and practices of the Trust. Applicants will also be expected to provide proof of their right to live and work in the UK as part of the selection process.
Applicants will also be expected to provide existing proof of their right to live and work in the UK as part of the selection process.