Assistant to Global Media Director (Maternity Cover)
Starting Salary: Starting at £26 to £28k per annum plus benefits package
Oxford (37.5 hours per week) – Temporary role
The closing date for this role is midnight on Monday 20th March 2019
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV, together with a covering letter outlining your suitability, details about what your Christian faith means to you and motivation for the role, including current and required salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently looking for a well organised, personable executive assistant to join our UK-based team on a temporary basis. You will be providing maternity cover for the EA to the GMD, whose support services to the GMD allow her to make the most productive use of time and that of the members of the media/communications team. You will also have the opportunity to become a member of a stimulating Christian community
The Zacharias Trust is a UK-registered Christian charity with a friendly, welcoming culture and a warm working atmosphere. Our organisational vision and mission is to provide thoughtful answers to difficult questions.
The GMD has overall responsibility for storytelling, broadcast and social media strategies, media engagement and strategic communication at a global organisational level. Your key responsibilities in supporting her would be to:
- Provide effective administrative and communication support to the GMD for all modes of communication including at meetings and representing the GMD where needed.
- Provide Efficient and competent management of diary and all aspects of travel planning for the GMD on a daily, monthly and annual basis working closely with RZIM global offices.
- Build and maintain strong relationships and communication at all levels with organisations and individuals.
- Support scoping or planning of media activities around events or speaking engagements with Media and Communications Regional Office Teams.
- Gather timely updates about the global team’s movements, events, media opportunities and travel and present these findings to GMD to assist in delivering the organisational media strategy.
- Provide research support for the GMD or organisation as requested including an awareness of media-addressed issues relevant to apologetics.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and competencies:
- Significant experience of office administration & knowledge of administrative processes (Essential)
- Experience of a Personal Assistant/similar role (Desirable)
- Highly organised
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong work ethic
- Integrity and honesty
- Works well in a team
- Joy and enthusiasm
- Flexible and creative
- Calm under pressure
- Outstanding communication skills
- Effectively prioritises workload
- High level of IT literacy
In return we offer a pleasant working environment, a friendly and open team atmosphere, generous pension scheme and a range of other work benefits.
Please note: As a result of our Christian ethos, this post is covered by an Occupational Requirement (OR) under the Equality Act 2010. The successful applicant will be expected to be a practising Christian and to clearly demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission, principles, values and practices of the Trust. Applicants will also be expected to provide proof of their right to live and work in the UK as part of the selection process.
Applicants will also be expected to provide existing proof of their right to live and work in the UK as part of the selection process.