We have an immediate opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join our UK-based team on a fixed term basis. The role is to provide a pivotal role to support the Trust’s finance team with accounting, reporting and financial management and implementation of Oracle PeopleSoft modules.
The Zacharias Trust is a UK-registered Christian charity with a friendly, welcoming culture and a warm working atmosphere. Our organisational vision and mission is to provide thoughtful answers to difficult questions.
As a successful applicant, you will support in rolling out Oracle PeopleSoft finance modules and aligning the accounts in the system and ensure accurate compliance, accounting, reporting and financial management to support Zacharias Trust. You will also have the opportunity to become a member of a stimulating Christian community, where you will take an active part in the prayer life of the team. Your main responsibilities would include:
- Supports the Finance Team with the roll-out of the modular Oracle PeopleSoft application.
- Aligns accounts on the Oracle PeopleSoft system.
- Supports the Finance Team with the maintenance of accurate financial records.
- Support with accurate and timely completion of financial month end activities, including related journals and reconciliations.
- Provides support to the Director of Regional Finance & UK Facilities with the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Support with setup of annual accounts on Hyperion (the Oracle accounting interface system).
- Support annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes to ensure accurate accounting and reporting.
- Support with and ensure compliance with in-country legislation and alignment with Global financial practices.
- Supports the Director of Regional Finance & UK Facilities by helping to training the Finance Officer in all aspects of Financial Accounting and systems.
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced finance professional, of graduate calibre, with extensive Oracle or similar systems experience and personal integrity. You will also have an ACCA qualification in accounting. This person will be committed to service excellence, with a proven ability to work effectively with both finance and non-finance professionals within a mission organisation, effectively upholding financial integrity and achieving high quality results and service. A dedicated self-starter, skilled and experienced in the area of Finance and Administration, with a working knowledge of Charities’ Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) and other statutory requirements.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate flexibility and initiative during this highly developmental phase of the organisation, continuously seeking to improve systems and processes to enable improved access to and understanding of financial information for both financial and non-financial team members. They will also have a proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships across functions and organisational levels and able to understand the unique situation and challenges of a global evangelical organisation. They will have well developed interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate and to develop and deliver insightful financial analysis to the organisation to facilitate sound decision making.